Billing and Insurance FAQ
Thank you for choosing Tuality for your health care needs. We know billing and insurance can seem complicated, so we have some answers to your frequently asked questions to make it a little easier to understand.
Yes. If you are insured and have provided us with your current insurance information, we will submit bills directly to your insurance company. We will also bill more than one insurance company for you.
Please remember that health insurance coverage varies and some services may not be covered. Contact your insurance company directly if you wish to check coverage for specific services.
- We allow 45 days after billing for your insurance to make a payment. If your account is not paid within that time, we will ask for your assistance in obtaining payment from your insurance company.
- You are responsible for charges not covered by your insurance, including deductibles and/or co-payments, which are due at the time of service.
- Your insurance company handbook or representative can give you more information regarding specific benefits.
- Please give your complete and accurate insurance information to Tuality’s admitting personnel each time you visit. This helps us get your claim paid quickly.
Tuality will provide an estimate based on historical price averages. We will include any applicable discount calculations and an estimated out of pocket per available insurance benefit information. Please call Tuality Hospital Patient Accounting Office at 503-681-1000, option 2.
Note: Information found to be helpful in providing an estimate includes: procedure CPT4 codes, detailed description of planned service(s), surgeon’s’ name and a contact information, the patient’s name and number, as well as insurance and identification numbers.
Tuality Healthcare will provide eligible uninsured hospital patients who receive medically necessary inpatient or outpatient services with a discount on Tuality’s charges. To determine if you qualify for an uninsured discount, please call the Tuality Patient Accounting Office at 503-681-1000.
To save paper and reduce costs, itemized hospital bills are not automatically mailed to patients. You may request an itemized copy by calling the Patient Accounting Office at 503-681-1000.
Deposits may be requested by some service departments at the time of service.
No. Most physicians practicing at Tuality, including emergency room physicians, anesthesiologists, radiologists, pathologists, surgeons and other specialists, are not hospital employees. You may receive separate bills from their practices.
No, Tuality cannot delay charges while liability claims or legal action are pending. Full payment remains the responsibility of the patient. Upon proper authorization, the hospital will make the records available to the necessary parties.
Special payment arrangements can be made if you do not have insurance or have a balance due after your insurance payment. Our payment options include:
- Payment in full. We accept cash (in person only), check (please include your account number on the check), money order (please list your account number on money order), or major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
- Approved equal monthly payment plan based on balance due
- Monthly payment plan through Accent, Inc., subject to a minimum payment schedule and interest.
Please call our office at 503-681-1000 if you have questions or would like to set up payment arrangements.
Yes, payment for services received at Tuality Healthcare can be made online using our secure payment portal. You may pay your bill online using a major credit card. Please have the following information ready to complete your transaction:
- Patient name, date of birth and account number.
- A credit card.
- Pay Bill Online.
As a charitable organization, Tuality provides medically necessary services free or at a reduced cost to uninsured or underinsured patients who qualify under Tuality’s financial assistance program. The program’s criteria and guidelines objectively determine who qualifies for free or reduced-charge services.
- Tuality’s Financial Assistance Policy -English (PDF) »
- Ayuda Financiera / Norma De Descuento A No Asegurados – en Español (PDF) »
The amount of financial assistance that a patient receives under Tuality’s financial assistance program varies depending up individual financial circumstances.
If you would like to be considered for Tuality’s financial assistance program, please contact the Tuality Patient Accounting office at 503-681-1000.
Patients seeking financial assistance must fill out the financial assistance application before being considered for assistance.
If you are denied financial assistance and believe the determination does not accurately reflect your current situation, you may appeal. To request an appeal, please submit a letter explaining why you feel the determination was not appropriate and include further information and clarification to:
- Tuality Healthcare
Patient Accounting Office
P.O Box 548
Hillsboro, OR 97123