OHSU Tuality Healthcare had a humble start in 1918 when an enterprising woman named Minnie Jones Coy (fourth from the left) started a small six-bed hospital in her Hillsboro home.
A High Regard for Human Dignity
When Minnie Jones Coy passed away in 1952, the hospital had moved several times and grown to 74-beds. Community-minded physicians pooled their resources and bought the hospital from her estate, establishing it as a non-profit institution to improve the quality of care for everyone in the community.
The hospital officially changed its name in 1954 from Jones Hospital to Tuality Community Hospital – reflecting our mission to serve the community with quality clinical care and unparalleled service.
In February 2016, Tuality Healthcare and Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) signed an agreement to integrate the organizations’ clinical services. The affiliation allows us to share a coordinated approach to clinical operations – utilizing health resources more efficiently than either organization could accomplish independently.
A century after Minnie Jones Coy made her commitment to the people of Hillsboro, her vision continues as we provide world-class health care to patients in Hillsboro and western Washington County.