My Hospital Bill?
Tuality would like you to concentrate on feeling better, instead of worrying about how you are going to pay the bill. Please review the commonly asked questions below.
Will the hospital bill my insurance?
Yes, if you are insured and have provided us with your current insurance information, we will submit bills directly to your insurance company with our assignment of benefits so that payment can be made on your behalf. We will also bill more than one insurance for you. It is important to remember health insurance coverage varies and some services may not be covered.
- We allow 45 days from billing for your insurance to make payment. If your account is not paid within that time, we will ask for assistance in obtaining payment from your insurance company.
- You are responsible for charges not covered by your insurance, including deductible and/or co-payment, which are due at time of service.
- Your insurance company handbook can give you more information regarding your benefits.
- Your cooperation in giving complete and accurate information to the admitting personnel at each of your visits will help get your claim paid quickly. You may also update your address and/or insurance information though the online Tuality MyHealth link located under the Patient & Visitors tab on this website.
What if I do not have insurance?
Tuality Healthcare will provide eligible uninsured hospital patients who receive inpatient or outpatient medically necessary services with a discount from Tuality’s charges. To determine if you qualify for an uninsured discount, please call the Tuality Patient Accounting Office at 503-681-1000.
Will I receive an itemized bill of all services received?
To protect our environment and reduce costs, itemized bills are not automatically mailed to all patients. You may request an itemized copy by calling the Patient Accounting Office at 503-681-1000.
Will I need to pay a deposit for the services I receive?
Deposits may be requested at time of service.
Will the hospital bill include physicians’ services?
No, most physicians practicing at Tuality, including emergency room physicians, anesthesiologists, radiologists, pathologists, surgeons and other specialists, are not hospital employees. You may receive separate bills from their practices.
Will the hospital hold my account if the charges are the result of an injury?
No, Tuality cannot delay charges while liability claims or legal action is pending. Full payment remains the responsibility of the patient. Upon proper authorization, the hospital will make the records available to the necessary parties.
What types of financial arrangements are available?
Financial arrangements are available if you do not have insurance or have a balance due after your insurance payment. Our payment options include:
- Payment in full. We accept cash (in person only), check (please include account number on the check), money order (please list your account number on money order), or major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
- Approved equal monthly payment plan based on balance due.
- Monthly payment plan through Accent, Inc., subject to a minimum payment schedule and interest.
Please call our office at 503-681-1000 if you have questions or would like to set up payment arrangements.
Yes, payment for services received at Tuality Healthcare can be made online using our secure payment portal. You may pay your bill online using a major credit card. Please have the following information ready to complete your transaction:
- Patient name, date of birth and account number
- A valid credit card
As a charitable organization, Tuality provides services free or at a reduced charge to uninsured or underinsured patients who qualify under Tuality’s financial assistance program. The program has criteria and clear guidelines to objectively determine who qualifies for free or reduced-charge services and must be medical necessary.
- Tuality’s Charity Care Policy (Financial Assistance - English) [PDF]
- Tuality’s Charity Care Policy (Financial Assistance - en español) [PDF]
- Charity Care (Financial Assistance application form - English) [PDF]
- Charity Care (Financial Assistance application form – en español) [PDF]
The amount of financial assistance that a patient receives under Tuality’s financial assistance program varies depending up individual financial circumstances. Please contact the Tuality Patient Accounting office at 503-681-1000, if you would like to be considered for Tuality’s Financial Assistance program. Patients seeking financial assistance must fill out a form before being considered for assistance.
If you are denied assistance and believe the determination does not accurately reflect your current situation, you may appeal. To request an appeal, please submit a letter explaining why you feel the determination was not appropriate and include further information and clarification to:
Patient Accounting Office
P.O Box 548
Hillsboro, OR 97123