Wound & Ostomy Management Services
Tuality Healthcare Wound and Ostomy Management Services is a hospital based outpatient service for the evaluation, treatment, and management of acute and chronic wounds, ostomy, complex fistula management, and management of skin issues related to feeding tubes and nephrostomy tubes. Our certified wound care nurses can help you manage wounds related to inadequate blood flow, diabetes, burns, post-surgical complications, or other traumas. Our certified staff will work closely with you and your physician to manage the underlying causes of the wound and promote healing. We may be able to teach you, your family, or other caregivers how to perform some of these procedures, helping your wounds heal faster.
Wounds we treat:
- Diabetic wounds
- Slow to heal wounds
- Wounds due to poor circulation
- Surgical wounds
- Trauma wounds
- Skin irritations.
Wound Services we provide include:
- Wound assessment and management
- Therapeutic compression wraps
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Offloading and positioning devices
- Referrals to appropriate health disciplines.
Ostomy services we provide:
- Pre-op stoma marking
- Pre and post-op counseling on care and management of stoma
- Management of skin conditions around the stoma
- Product selection
- Support and hernia belts
- Support and education for patient and families regarding lifestyle and adjustments.
What can you do to help your wound to heal?
- Maintain good control of your diabetes; blood sugar should be 120mg/dl or lower for best healing
- Quit smoking. Smoking causes your blood vessels to get smaller limiting blood flow and oxygen to your wound
- Eat a balanced diet of protein, fruits, vegetables, and adequate fluids. Dietary needs increase with wounds
- Elevate your legs if they are swollen. Start with 20 minutes, 3 times a day, and keep pressure off of your wounds.