The Tuality Endoscopy Center offers expert outpatient care in a comfortable setting for those who have healthcare needs related to the digestive system.
The Center was recently updated to provide a more comfortable, patient-friendly experience. During admission, patients wait in private rooms where family members also may remain close by until the procedure begins. Each patient room also includes a private bathroom for added comfort and convenience.
The Center is staffed by a specially trained team of nurses and assistants, and is equipped with advanced endoscopic technology to visualize organ interiors, collect specimens and perform other procedures, usually through the body’s natural openings.
Our board-certified gastroenterology specialists perform procedures on organs of the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus, stomach, colon, liver and others. This work is vital in the diagnoses and treatment of diseases and conditions ranging from GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) and gastritis to IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) and cancer.
The Tuality Endoscopy Center provides a number of services and procedures, including:
- Upper GI endoscopy – to detect ulcers, abnormal growths, bowel obstructions, inflammation, and hernia.
- Colonoscopy – to see inside the rectum and entire colon, and is the preferred screening method for cancers.
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy – less-intrusive than a colonoscopy, it is used to investigate the rectum and lower section of the colon for inflamed tissue, abnormal growths, and ulcers.
- ERCP – endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography assists with diagnosis of problems in the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, and pancreas.
- Feeding tube placement – through-the-skin procedure for patients who need nutrition assistance.
Some procedures may require a level of sedation to help ensure patient comfort. In these cases, patients must arrange for transportation following their procedures.