Volunteer Opportunities at Tuality Healthcare
The volunteer program at Tuality is built around men and women of all ages and experiences that are committed to providing a compassionate, healing environment for our patients and their families through the many services that they perform. Our volunteers are giving people who share their time to help provide quality care. By creating a welcoming environment and caring for our patients and guests, volunteers play a crucial role for Tuality Healthcare by providing additional services that make Tuality unique.
Tuality has a dedicated group of volunteers who serve in over 40 areas at our various facilities. Some of the ways volunteers contribute their skills and time include:
- Information Desks
- Various Lobbies
(including Tuality Forest Grove Hospital)
- Birth Center
- Patient/Visitor Escort
- 7th Avenue Medical Building
- Nursing Units
- Emergency Department *
- Physical Therapy *
- Gift Shop
- Tuality Local Coach
- Special Projects
- Knitting, Crocheting, Sewing and Quilting
- Spiritual Care
- Fundraisers and Community Events
*100-hour minimum commitment required before consideration for placement.
We are seeking volunteers who will carry out our mission with cooperation and enthusiasm. Your contribution as a volunteer can be significant in providing quality care at Tuality Healthcare. If you are interested in volunteering at Tuality and are at least 16 years of age, you must complete the following:
- 100-hour minimum commitment. 50-hour minimum commitment for the Summer Program (available June through August to high school students only)
- Submit an online volunteer application or call 503-681-1489 to request a paper application
- Applicants are matched with open volunteer positions based on qualifications, interest and availability
- Volunteer Services will contact you upon review of your application (please allow 2-3 weeks)
- If the above criteria are met, you will be invited in for an interview
- Successful completion of a background check
- If you have lived internationally within the past 10 years, there could be a fee to complete the international background check (cost varies)
- Successful completion of a health screen
- Review of Measles (Rubeola), Rubella, Chickenpox (Varicella) and Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) vaccinations *
- Tuberculosis (TB) test
- Volunteer Handbook
- Handbook Review
- General Hospital Orientation
- Area-Specific Training
* Must be obtained prior to volunteer interview.
There are both tangible and intangible rewards for volunteers who give their time, talents and energy to the organization. Tuality Healthcare recognizes the extensive services provided by volunteers and considers them a part of the Tuality team. The following are a few of the benefits that are available to each volunteer:
- Credit in the Tuality Cafeteria on the day of volunteer service
- Discounted annual TriMet pass
- Free parking
- Free tuberculosis screening
- Free flu vaccine (when available)
- Job shadow opportunities (8 hours maximum) *
- References upon request *
- Invitation to annual Tuality events
- Service awards
- Discounts to various retailers and community partners
* Once 100-hour minimum commitment is fulfilled.
It is important to understand that volunteers do not take the place of salaried staff and that volunteering is not intended to lead to employment.
For more information, please contact us at 503-681-1489.