Volunteer Opportunities at Tuality Healthcare
Our volunteers are men and women of all ages and experiences who are committed to providing a compassionate, healing environment for our patients and their families through the many services that they perform.
Some of the areas in which volunteers help to create a caring environment:
- Gift Shop
- Information desks
- Birth Center receptionist
- Tuality Local Coach—drive or escort
- Dismissal—Escort patients upon discharge
- Admitting escort
- Clerical tasks
- Emergency department
- Knit baby caps
To become a volunteer, you should be
- At least 16 years of age
- U.S. Citizen, or otherwise authorized to volunteer in the United States
- In good physical and emotional health
- Able to work harmoniously with others
- Tactful, understanding and discreet
- Dependable and punctual
- Willing to make a commitment of six months or 100 hours
How to join our team
- Step 1. Read eligibility requirements, directly above.
- Step 2. Complete an online volunteer application or call 503-681-1355 to request a paper application and/or other information. Upon review, someone from the Volunteer Services department will contact you.
- Step 3. Complete a personal interview.
- Step 4. Pass a background investigation check and required tuberculosis (TB) test (provided by the hospital).
- Step 5. Complete orientation quiz as well as area-specific training or education.
Volunteering is rewarding
The rewards of being a volunteer are numerous—whether it's a sense of accomplishment, a smile on the face of a patient or visitor, a feeling of contribution, learning a new skill, or meeting new people, you will feel a real sense of accomplishment and reward. Some of the tangible benefits for volunteering with us include:
- A credit in the Café for every four hours of work
- Annual Holiday Buffet event in December
- Free flu vaccine (when available)
- Free tuberculosis screening
- Appropriate skills training
It is important to understand that volunteers do not take the place of salaried staff at Tuality Healthcare, and that volunteering is not intended to lead to employment.
For more information please contact us at 503-681-1355