Three Tuality Healthcare medical clinics Three Tuality clinics receive Primary Care Home recognition
November 02, 2012
For immediate release
Contact: Gerry Ewing / 503-681-1654
Three Tuality Healthcare medical clinics have recently been recognized as Tier 3 Patient Centered Primary Care Home facilities by the Oregon Health Authority. The clinics are Hillsboro Internal Medicine, Orenco Station Medical Group and Westside Medical Clinic.
The recognition is part of the Oregon Health Authority’s drive to transform health care to a more patient-centered delivery model. The recognition means that a clinic’s team of health care providers will:
- Better coordinate your care to get you the service you need when you need them.
- Listen to your concerns and answer your question.
- Provide after-hours help and alternatives to the emergency room.
- Help you plan an active role in your health, including connecting you with a nutritionist, behavioral health specialist, care manager or other health care provider.
To be recognized as a Primary Care Home, the Tuality clinics had to meet standards of care established by the Oregon Health Authority. They include:
- Accessibility: Care is available when patients need it.
- Accountability: Clinics take responsibility for their community and provide quality care.
- Comprehensive: Patients get the care, information and services they need to stay healthy.
- Continuous: Providers know their patients and work with them to improve their health over time.
- Coordinated: Clinics help patients navigate the health care system to get the care they need in a safe and timely way.
- Patient & Family Centered: Patients and families are the most important part of health care. Care should draw on a patient’s strengths to set goals, and communication should be culturally competent and understandable for all.