When our founder, Minnie Jones Coy of Hillsboro, founded a six-bed hospital back in 1918, she made a commitment to give her patients the best possible care. Because of that, people from all around Western Washington County began coming to Jones Hospital for medical assistance. Soon, the need for our services outpaced the number of people we could treat at one time. Just two years later, we moved into an 18-bed facility up the street from the original location.
It wasn’t long, however, before we outgrew that location, moving again — and quickly expanding after that. In 1954 we changed our name from Jones Hospital to Tuality Community Hospital, and as the name implies our intent was to serve the community. As a non-profit institution governed by an unpaid board of directors, our mission is to continue the work we began nearly a century ago, offering world-class medical care with compassion and a high regard for human dignity, without regard for the recipient's ability to pay.