Mission and History

Knowledge is the foundation of wellness. This is the simple idea behind the Tuality Healthcare Foundation. Formed in 1970, the Foundation promotes better health care through education and prevention, and works to improve the quality of life for families in western Washington County.

Mission

In 1918, Minnie Jones Coy (fourth from left) established Jones Hospital

By acquiring and managing philanthropic contributions, we’re able to direct funds to medical and health education projects that support Tuality Healthcare in providing comprehensive health care services to Hillsboro and surrounding communities.

Thanks to a lifetime of committed supporters, Tuality Healthcare Foundation has been able to:

History

Minnie Jones Coy

In 1918, an enterprising woman named Minnie Jones Coy established the Jones Hospital in Hillsboro, Oregon – the cornerstone of Tuality Healthcare.

With only a fourth-grade education, Minnie took the initiative to meet a vital need in the community and set up a hospital in her own home. She brought together independent physicians under one roof to treat the sick and provide a safe place for mothers to give birth.

When Minnie passed away in 1952, community-minded physicians pooled their resources and bought the hospital from the estate. They established it as a non-profit institution to improve the quality of care for everyone in the community.

Excess revenues earned by the hospital have always gone back into improving the quality of care for everyone in the community.

Tuality Healthcare was founded upon the primary mission of providing local residents competent medical care with compassion, integrity and a high regard for human dignity, but without regard for the recipient's ability to pay.

Inherent to this mission is the belief that knowledge is the foundation of wellness. In 1970, the Tuality Healthcare Foundation was established on this basic principle – to promote better health care through education and prevention, and to improve the quality of life for families in western Washington County.